Possible Microsoft security vulnerability attack.

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ANSF.ALCATEL.FR
Thu Oct 3 22:13:55 IST 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:10:15PM -0500, Matt wrote:
> Question.  Why are <iframe> tags needed in email?  What the heck do they do
> anyway?  If they are a significant security risk I want them dead!
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Matt

IFRAME are sometimes used to track users, see if users click on some
pages/links.
Some companies used it in some newsletters.
For instance : Zd news in France through Newsletter ZDNet.
Convince them to stop using IFRAME ...

IFRAME is  explained on
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/iframe.html

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services