No Message Collected

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 2 16:29:38 IST 2002

Can you check your mqueue and mqueue.in directories are on the same
filesystem? sounds like the message body isn't linking across to the
outgoing queue.

The other test you can do is change the delivery mode to "queue" instead of
batch. Kill the sendmail process that is handling the outgoing queue (the
one you started like "sendmail -q15m"). Then all the processed messages
should just collect in the outgoing mqueue directory. Make sure there is a
df file and a qf file for each message in that directory.

Is your mqueue.in directory just a flat directory with no sub-dirs off it?
Like wise for mqueue?

At 15:47 02/10/2002, you wrote:
>Since upgrading to version 4, I'm having lots of complains about
>duplicate messages being delivered, with one of the copies containing
>only the following in the message body:
><<< No Message Collected >>>
>
> >From what I understand, this is caused when the DATA connection is
>terminated during the communication to sendmail.  However, I'm not sure
>why two copies of the same message would be sent, with only failing and
>the other not.
>
>Has anyone noticed this before?  Any ideas what could be causing this or
>how to work around it?
>
>Regards,
>Bill Omer

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ