Mailscanner on Solaris 9 *not* protected from "zip of death"

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 15:05:25 GMT 2002

At 14:50 28/11/2002, you wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:11:44PM +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> > Can you try this instead:
> >
> >[snip code]
> >
> > It looks like Sun botched the compilation of Perl so they didn't get all
> > the correct signal handler code.
>

>Yep. That works with both versions of perl....That will teach me to save
>time by using the perl supplied instead of building my own :-(
>
>So, as I suspected it is suns fault.....

Just like their own "special" versions of ssh and sendmail. Their sendmail
is already notorious and their ssh only supports some of the encryption
mechanisms, not all of them like everyone else's ssh implementations.

I have added the extra code to all the fork handlers in the next release
(wrapped inside an "eval" in case it blows up on some OS's).
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ