RBL checks

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Nov 26 19:51:50 GMT 2002

Ahem, let me clarify

1) line one is invariant in this case, always the same.
2) lines 2 and 3, or any other header other than 1 MUST NOT be used for
whitelists.
3) lines 2 and 3 are used for blacklists and DNS blacklists, but NOT
whitelists.

So unless the mail admin is an idiot and whitelists "your-second-server",
in which case he's whitelisted all of his email, what you describe will not
happen.

So, if I check only line 1 against my whitelists, and check 2 and 3 against
ORBS... how does this get the spam a free ride past the spamfilter based on
"nice-safe-domain at other.com"?

Yes, that is in fact impossible Julian because of critera #2... think about
it a bit....