RBL checks

Bill Anderson billa at STERLING.NET
Tue Nov 26 18:31:19 GMT 2002

Can MailScanner be configured to ignore the final sending address for
blacklist checking and check the address previous to the last?  The reason
for this is that I have a backup mail store and forward server in the event
that the pimary one goes down (secondary MX record).  What I am finding is
that mail is being delivered to the secondary which get's forwarded to the
primary MailScanners server.  This then bypasses the BlackList RBL test
since the final server is a known good one.

I still want to check the sender for an RBL entry, but if it is my backup
mail server, I would like to check the previous address.  Thanks.

Hopefully I havent made this too confusing.