Friend Greetings expanding

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Sat Nov 23 16:37:17 GMT 2002

The regexp I use in my filtering proxy (DansGuardian) is this:

(^|[-\?+=/_])(laugh|greeting|friend)?(card|e-card|mail)s?([-\?+=/_]|$)

This would indeed also block any web or news pages that report about it,
but then again my users don't need to know about it as it's blocked now
anyways :)

And for the people that also use sendmail rules to block these buggers,
i'd recomend that they add :
you.have.a.funny.card.from
also to the list, this is the subjectline from the 'laugh' mail from the
same makers (I'm not amused with their laugh mails :) )

It's great to see all those dropped and rejected messages in your logfiles
:)

Remco

believed to be clean.