Header change format

Matthew Davis bigdog at DOGPOUND.VNET.NET
Wed Nov 20 14:55:46 GMT 2002

* Julian Field (mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK) wrote:
> But I should only add "spam" when they have requested to always add the
> header, as people can currently do spam filtering based on just the
> presence of the SpamCheck header.

One issue I ran into when I setup my system was the fact mailscanner strips out some spamassassin headers.

>From http://spamassassin.org/doc/spamassassin.html

Set to YES.

or

A string, Yes, hits=nn required=nn is set in this header to reflect the filter status.

I started using spamassassin by itself then added mailscanner later, but I was filtering using the X-Spam-Flag if ti was present or not.  And I noticed mailscanner didn't pass that flag thru.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/