red hat 8 weirdness

Matt mbest at JET2.NET
Tue Nov 19 19:42:26 GMT 2002

Hello,

Just a couple problems I am having here with Red Hat 8.0 and MailScanner
4.05-3:

Mailscanner is restarting itself every 10 seconds, regardless of what I have
set in the /etc/MailScanner.conf.

Is there a way in the new mailscanner to turn off the Virus Scanning but
still use the attachment scanning?  I was able to do this in previous
versions.  I am having some problems getting it to read the sophos IDE
files, and just wanted to test it out without using the virus scanner.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction here?  Thanks..

Regards,

Matt