Logging mailed marked as spam by RBL

Matthew Bowman mbowman at UDCOM.COM
Tue Nov 19 18:47:08 GMT 2002

Check your /var/spool/maillog it should indicate which RBL was mentioned in
the detection

Regards,

Matthew K Bowman,
Systems Administrator; Hostmaster; Miva Administrator
Universal Digital Communications, Mansfield Ohio.

                    Dale Lovelace
                    <dlovelace at HOTELS.       To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    COM>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Logging mailed marked as spam by RBL
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    11/19/2002 01:46
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

Hello,

  I have MailScanner configured to use the RBL's ORDB-RBL and
Infinite-Monkeys, and SpamAssassin configure to skip_rbl_checks.

  When MailScanner marks a message as spam because it is in the RBL, does
it log this? If so, what does the log entry look like?

  Is there a way to test to make sure MailScanner is marking mail that is
from an RBL'ed site as spam?

  Thanks,

  Dale Lovelace