Error message on console

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 20:40:29 GMT 2002

It's the Base64 decoder module complaining about a message it doesn't like.
There's not much that can be done about it at present.

I have the biggest set of the most horrible test messages you'll ever see,
and I need to work through them all and get MailScanner to handle them all
correctly. That's a pretty big job which I am going to start on soon. So
hopefully messages like this will become a thing of the past...

I wouldn't worry about it for now, it's extremely rare.

At 20:35 15/11/2002, you wrote:
>Hello again Julian,
>
>The following error message pops up on my console now and then:
>Premature padding of base64 data at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/MIME/Decoder/Base64.pm line 109.
>
>This sounds like something external to MS...  Is this something to worry
>about?
>
>Denis
>--
>Denis Beauchemin, analyste