Filename rules and virus

Matthew Davis bigdog at DOGPOUND.VNET.NET
Fri Nov 15 14:52:46 GMT 2002

* Denis Beauchemin (Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just discovered something strange:  an email with an infected .EXE got
> trapped by MS and quarantined (as per the filename rules) but McAfee was
> able to disinfect it so MS decided to send it to the recipient,
> disregarding the filename rules!

<snip>

> Can someone figure out what is going on?

Check your MailScanner.conf

# Should I attempt to disinfect infected attachments and then deliver
# the clean ones. "Disinfection" involves removing viruses from files
# (such as removing macro viruses from documents). "Cleaning" is the
# replacement of infected attachments with "VirusWarning.txt" text
# attachments.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/