Almost there....

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Thu Nov 14 20:28:45 GMT 2002

What's the proper way to restart everything after making a config change
to any of the conf files with MailScanner? For example,
MailScanner.conf, spam.mailassassin.prefs.conf, etc.

I've tried the following:
service sendmail off
chkconfig sendmail off
chkconfig MailScanner on
service MailScanner start

These seem to run ok, but the changes don't seem to take affect. Seems
like I have to reboot once or twice before it starts working. Is it
timing or am I missing something?

Also, I have the Delivery Method set to queue instead of batch, since
this will be running in high volume eventually. The MTA is Sendmail and
the messages seem to sit in the outgoing queue for a while. I haven't
figured out how long they sit there yet, but how does the MTA choose how
long to wait before sending them? If I flush them (using Webmin) they
are sent right away. I assume this is a Sendmail issue, but since I'm
not sure I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks,
James