Bogofilter

Stuart Krivis ipswitch at APK.NET
Mon Nov 11 15:42:23 GMT 2002

--On Monday, November 11, 2002 3:24 PM +0000 Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> At 15:04 11/11/2002, you wrote:
>> Is it possible to use this
>> http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/bogofilter-faq.html in place of or as
>> well as Spamassasin - what are peoples thoughts on how this works
>> good/bad etc.
>
> The SpamAssassin folks have plans to include Bayesian techniques in their
> filtering engine at some point, so I didn't really investigate this any
> further.

I don't see how they're going to work that, unless they plan to apply it to
an entire server, in which case you lose much of the benefit.

--

Stuart Krivis     Hostmaster and Purchasing Manager

APK Net, Inc.                         216-241-7166 Voice
1621 Euclid Ave., Suite 1230          216-241-7522 FAX
Cleveland, OH 44115