Cannot open ruleset file 7.5....

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 22:22:40 GMT 2002

Many thanks for the bug report. I thought I had fixed this before, but I
only half-fixed it :-(

If you edit Config.pm, and change line 1343 to say
   $isrules = 1 if $first !~ /^[\d.]*$/; # Rules aren't all digits or .
then the problem should disappear.

This will be included in the next release.

At 22:13 08/11/2002, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Trying to upgrade to version 4
>(MailScanner-4.05-3, on Solaris 7, perl 5.6.1,
>sophos,SA 2.43..) and I get the following error
>messages, resulting from setting
># required_hits value can be set to different values for different
>messages.
>Required SpamAssassin Score = 7.5
>
>An intermediate value that seemed useful in the past,
>but now gets interpreted as a file name:
>

>Cannot open ruleset file 7.5, \
>No such file or directory at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner/Config.pm
>line 891
>
>But seems to work okay if I give an integer value
>for the required minimum spam score.
>
>Chris
>
>--
>                     Christopher Albert
>            Responsable des services informatiques
>         Departement de mathematiques et de statistique
>                  Universite de Montreal
>
>           bureau 6188, Pavillon Andre-Aisenstadt
>          Tel: (514) 343-2281  Fax: (514) 343-5700

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ