ClamAV - New Test Results

Ivan Mirisola ivan at NUCCI.COM.BR
Fri Nov 8 17:29:40 GMT 2002

Thanks Ant La Porte,

I think you're right. Perhaps clamAV's virus database is searching for
some wrong pattern on this particular case. Maybe a few virus patterns
are wrongly made. That was my first thought when I came up with this
problem.
Maybe when the project started out, the developers didn't thought this
could be an issue and fixed the pattern searching when dealing with the
new viruses - since Melissa is an old one.
I hope the people from OpenAntiVirus Project can fix this problem in
future releases.

Sorry people. I don't think this issue is related to this list. Maybe
I'll post something on to the TheAimsGroup.

Right now I am just glad my server is not delivering BugBear to other users.

Thanks anyway,
Ivan