MailScanner v 4.05-3 with Mcafee uvscan

Yannick Cayer ycayer at 3WEBMEDIA.COM
Tue Nov 5 19:00:51 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I have been trying to setup MailScanner with Mcafee, but whenever I test
it, mcafee lets viruses through, only warning me about them in the log file.

It does not send me (the admin) a notice
It sends the email with the infected attachment(s) the the recipient which
is not the way I configured MailScanner.

If I use Sophos instead of mcafee, It behaves properly:

it notifies me (the admin) of a virus and does NOT send the message to the
recipient. Like I want it.

Am I missing something here or is there any special parameters I must pass
on in the mcafee-wrapper file?

I know I did not change anything special in the sophos-wrapper file and it
behaves properly. (weird)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.