No virus loggings?

Lewis Bergman lbergman at wtxs.net
Mon Nov 4 20:09:16 GMT 2002

> It doesn't produce any "nothing interesting happened" log entries, after
> another user claimed it was logging too much. If it finds anything of
> interest, it will still log it.
ooops. Your right. After further reveiw I found one such as:
Nov  4 10:16:33 ns2 MailScanner[19348]: Virus Scanning: f-prot found 1
infections
Nov  4 10:16:33 ns2 MailScanner[19348]: Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses

I vaguely remember something about differing virus scanners producing widely
different output being the reason virus names are not output in the logs. Is
this correct?
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications