Creating mail copies for backup

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 14:40:54 GMT 2002

At 14:25 04/11/2002, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I don't know who I could ask. Probably you could help me...
>I'm using sendmail 8.12.6-6 on Debian 3.0 and want to create a copy
>of every email delivered to the user mailboxes under /var/mail/.
>This copy shall be saved in user mailboxes under /var/backup/mail/.
>
>How can I tell sendmail to write it's mails to two directories?

That's tricky in sendmail (I may be wrong, quite a few people on this list
know more about sendmail than I do!).

However, MailScanner 4 will do it for you. The "Archive Mail" feature can
save mail messages to a directory or even to another email address, without
the recipient noticing anything is happening.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ