Mime problem?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 12:34:03 GMT 2002

At 12:24 01/11/2002, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>This logs to my console every now and then since I upgraded to MS 4 (from
>3.x)
>
>ignoring text in character set `WINDOWS-1252'
>  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/MIME/Parser/Filer.pm line 646
>
>Just wondering if this is something to be concerned about?
>If it is ignoring text kan it still check it for Spam?
>Maybe this really should be a question for SA?

I have already fixed this (couple of days ago) and this will be included in
the security release of MailScanner 3 and 4 that I will be doing in a day
or two.

It's not actually very important at all, it doesn't affect the virus
scanning. It only affects the attachment filenames, it does not affect the
contents of the attachments.

It's a MIME-tools problem, which fortunately I have worked around without
anyone needing to patch the MIME-tools modules themselves.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ