sophoswrapper not found

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 09:08:54 GMT 2002

At 07:47 01/11/2002, you wrote:
>Andy Wright wrote:
>>sophoswrapper is a script that comes with Mailscanner - not with Sophos
>>Sweep. Looks like you may have accidentaly deleted it when you did your
>>Sophos upgrade.
>
>Sophos has apparently changed some things starting with the 3.62
>distribution.  The previous version that I used, 3.59,
>had a sophoswrapper and autoupdate in /usr/local/Sophos/bin

Those scripts were never a part of Sophos (I wrote them!), they were
provided as part of the MailScanner version 3 distribution.

>Mailscanner has its own files sophos-wrapper and sophos-autoupdate
>in /opt/Mailscanner/lib.  That is what has got me confused.

With the release of MailScanner 4, they have been moved to
/opt/MailScanner/lib and renamed slightly.

>I also can't find what module is asking for sophoswrapper (without
>the hyphen) as a configuration file (sic!), unless it is
>/usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep.

Take a look in /opt/MailScanner/etc. There's a file "virus.scanners.conf"
in there.

>I can't verify if sophoswrapper in version 3.59 came from Sophos
>since I deleted the original tar file.

No it didn't.

>This is what I love about systems administration and programming.
>Sometimes your whole world hangs on a hyphen.

:-)
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ