Any one else notice...

ISP List isp-list at TULSACONNECT.COM
Fri May 31 20:38:45 IST 2002

At 03:13 PM 5/31/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>the 3.14x series.

FWIW, I never used any previous versions so I have nothing to compare the
speed results on, but here is my observation:

(mailscanner 3.15-3+exim4.04+sa2.20+mcafee uvscan)

When the number of messages to scan per batch was set at 100, it would sit
there and try and process 100 at once and take *forever*.  I had the RBL
lookups turned off in both SA and MailScanner (but the MX record lookup was
still enabled in SA).  It would print the "SpamAssassin has timed out and
will be killed" multiple times and it seemed to never finish.  Simply
changing the number of messages to scan per batch to 15, it processed that
same batch of 100 messages very quickly, without a single "SpamAssassin has
timed out and will be killed".

--Mike