Any one else notice...

Ron Broersma ron at SPAWAR.NAVY.MIL
Fri May 31 19:29:08 IST 2002

I've been watching this thread with interest as I've also noticed a
recent slowdown.  I didn't correlate it with one of the version updates
because I've been changing a number of things and wasn't sure what
caused the change in performance.  I put many timing measurements in the
code and the bulk of the delays are in spamassassin.  Since I couldn't
immediately find what was to blame, I've had to "throw hardware at the
problem" to get some performance back.

In the process, I've gathered some performance statistics on a number of
machine configurations which may be useful to others, so I share them here:

The machine configs are as follows:  (all running Red Hat Linux 7.2 or 7.3)