"scan all messages" and spam checking?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue May 28 17:53:55 IST 2002

Julian,

   If "Scan All Messages" is set to no, do the plain-text messages get the
anti-spam/SpamAssassin treatment, just no virus scanning?  Or do they just
get moved over to /var/spool/mqueue with no analysis at all?

   And one more puzzlement...  I moved my mail service from HP-UX 11.0 to
Solaris 8 yesterday.  Both use mailscanner; they only new wrinkle is that
I've turned on SpamAssassin on the Sun box.  On the Sun, I see the syslog
messages for "mailscanner...: Notified postmaster about [number] infections"
but I don't get any email like I used to on the HP.  I've just wired in
my own address in mailscanner.conf to see if this solves the problem.
Any ideas?

--- Jeff Earickson