Scan frequency

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 27 20:15:27 IST 2002

At 18:37 27/05/2002, you wrote:
>How can one increase the scan frequency that MailScanner checks the
>incoming queue from the default 1 minute to say, 30 seconds?

As long as there is mail in the queue, MailScanner won't delay at all, it
will keep reading the new messages straight away. If there is nothing in
the queue, it does a "sleep(30)" before checking the queue again. That
value is hard-wired into the code, but if you search the file
"/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner" for "sleep(30)" I'm sure you'll
find it and you are free to change it if you like.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ