Mailscanner enables sendmail on RPM install

Tal Kelrich tal at MUSICGENOME.COM
Sun May 26 12:27:07 IST 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 18:41, Julian Field wrote:
> At 16:31 22/05/2002, you wrote:
> >I just noticed headers missing on some messages, apparently the system
> >rebooted and it seems when I upgraded it reset sendmail to on via
> >chkconfig. :/
> >I think the post-uninstall script is to blame, but I don't know much
> >about RPM.
>
> I have this horrible feeling that when you upgrade an RPM, it calls the
> "post-uninstall" script at a very odd time, like after it has run the new
> "post-install" script or something like that.
okay, I just checked and it seems it first installs the new version and
then removes the old.
I found here some info which should probably solve the problem
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-rpm3.html

the scripts should recieve in $1 one of these
Here are the actual values passed during an install:
Run %pre of new package (1)
Install new files
Run %post of new package (1)

Here are the values passed during an upgrade:
Run %pre of new package (2)
Install new files
Run %post of new package (2)
Run %preun of old package (1)
Delete any old files not overwritten by newer ones
Run %postun of old package (1)

Here are the values passed during a delete:
Run %preun of old package (0)
Delete files
Run %postun of old package (0)
--
Tal Kelrich

PGP Fingerprint: 3EDF FCC5 60BB 4729 AB2F  CAE6 FEC1 9AAC 12B9 AA69
PGP key-id: 12B9AA69