SpamAssassin FAQs volunteer

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Thu May 23 20:55:26 IST 2002

Another reason to check RBLs in SpamAssassin would be if you are running
MailScanner on a system not directly connected to the internet.  (I think)
sendmail and exim will only check the IP address of the host sending the
mail, which may not be the open relay.  But SpamAssassin checks the IP
addresses of all of the hosts that have sent the mail by looking at the
received headers.

Jason