SpamAssassin FAQs volunteer

Francois Caen FCaen at CI.LAKEWOOD.WA.US
Thu May 23 19:56:19 IST 2002

        -----Original Message-----
From: jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK

        As you want it tunable by the SpamAssassin scoring system, then that is the
right choice for you.

        As for me, I want to tag *all* mail that came from a host listed in an RBL,
so I have MailScanner do the job. If you want to *reject* all mail that
came from a host listed in an RBL, then sendmail is the right answer.

Julian, almost sounds like FAQ material to me :-)

I volunteer to contribute a couple SpamAssassin-related paragraphs to the FAQ. The 2 main questions I had (and have seen from others) are:

- Where do I check the RBLs and why?

- How do I config SpamAssassin to work with Mailscanner?

Would you rather I send them directly to you or follow the open-source paradigm and send them to the list for feedback?

Francois Caen
Network Information Systems Engineer - Webmaster
City of Lakewood, WA
(253) 512-2269