incoming and local mail

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Thu May 23 09:41:06 IST 2002

On 23 May 02, at 7:44, Robert wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to scan only incoming mail with MailScanner? Or maybe
> to scan both incoming and outgoing mail, but not local mail from one
> user to another?
Can you assume that internal emails will be virus free? We are a
small college (<2000 users),so the overhead of virus checking all
the email it not too taxing. The cost and embarrassment of a virus
being spread internally via our own email system would be too
great.

We do have Sophos on most Pcs with the rest have f-prot but we
are changing those to Sophos asap so that reduces the risk even
further but I would be very reluctant to stop the scanning of internal
mail even if it relieved the load on MailScanner.

> thank you
> robert
>
> --
> Manfreda Robert  --  robert at vct.si

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk