Excessive calls to SpamAssassin?

Ron Broersma ron at SPAWAR.NAVY.MIL
Thu May 23 01:49:54 IST 2002

In the most recent versions, SpamAssassin gets called for every message,
even if the message is whitelisted ($IsOnWhiteList == 1) and you don't
want to always include headers ($Config::IncludeSpamHeader == 0).  This
is an issue on busy mailservers since SpamAssassin is "expensive",
especially if now processing all the whitelisted traffic.

To help get some of my performance back, I put the following if clause
around the statements in the continue block that calls
SpamAssassinChecks...

if (!$IsOnWhiteList || $Config::IncludeSpamHeader) { }

Is that a reasonable thing to do, or am I missing something?

--Ron