SpamCheck Header

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed May 22 11:20:08 IST 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002 12:44:40 -0400, you wrote:

>I am probably going to have to change the header that I filter on to
>thing.  But, before I do all of that work, I have some questions.
>
>*  Does it even make sense to check for spam in your outgoing email?  Maybe
>it does, but do you really want the Spam Assassin report on your outgoing
>email?  Should there be an option to always include the Spam Assassin report
>only on incoming email?

It is not only outgoing mail. It could also be some intermediate
mailserver (fallback MX?).

>*  Is it possible that this header will change again?  Rather than having to
>change the filtering rules again, can we have a specific header for mail
>that was tagged as Spam, separate from the Spam Assassin report?
>(X-MailScanner-FoundToBeSpam or something like that).  Or maybe make this
>header configurable?

You can decide on the header yourself:
# Set the name of the extra header to add to all messages found to be
# likely spam.
Spam Header = X-MailScanner-at-utwente.nl-SpamCheck:

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,