SpamCheck Header

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 22 09:17:29 IST 2002

At 07:45 22/05/2002, you wrote:
>On 21 May 2002 23:46 +0100 Julian Field <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>
>>If you look for "X-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam" then you know it
>>isn't spam, even though it might include a SpamAssassin header.
>
>The problem with this is that if the e-mail scores *anything* with
>SpamAssassin, even if it is less than the threshold, it gets the
>See Mike Kercher's contributions for an example.

(Did you mean him? I can only find 2 postings to the list from him, neither
of which seem relevant)

And are you definitely testing this against the latest release? I have just
checked the following:

Note that the spam message scores 17, the non-spam message scores -2.8,
i.e. both scores are non-zero.

1) spam from "Accept Spam From" host, Always Include SA Header=yes
      ==> "not spam (whitelisted), SpamAssassin...."
2) non-spam from "Accept Spam From" host, Always Include SA Header=yes
      ==> "not spam (whitelisted), SpamAssassin...."
3) spam from non-exempt host, Always Include SA Header=no
      ==> "SpamAssassin...."
4) non-spam from non-exempt host, Always Include SA Header=no
      ==> no SpamCheck header
5) spam from exempt host, Always Include SA Header=no
      ==> no SpamCheck header
6) non-spam from exempt host, Always Include SA Header=no
      ==> no SpamCheck header
7) spam from non-exempt host, Always Include SA Header=yes
      ==> "SpamAssassin...."
8) non-spam from non-exempt host, Always Include SA Header=yes
      ==> "not spam, SpamAssassin...."

All of which are exactly as I would have expected. Given non-spam messages
it either doesn't put in a SpamCheck header at all, or puts in one starting
with "not spam" as I intended.

So what cases have I missed? It seems to be working as intended...
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ