UTF-8 Errors

Darian Rafie darian at BEPINC.COM
Tue May 21 19:53:52 IST 2002

I have the same errors, I noticed them after executing a
/etc/init.d/rc.d/mailscanner restart.  I performed a stop then start and
now they are gone.  Kelly Hamlin had the same problem but I never saw
any suggestions.

D.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Keith Wolters
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 10:50 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Errors from mailscanner

mailscanner was printing the following message on my console:

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xb8) in
substitution iterator at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm
line 828.

I stopped mailscanner, moved files from /var/spool/mqueue.in to
/var/spool/mqueue and restarted mailscanner and it seems happy now.