Need help badly...

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Tue May 21 17:10:54 IST 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Julian Field wrote:
> And while we're on the (OT) subject, how does ext3 do it? I would
> guess in the same way as ext2..

ext3 is basically ext2 with journalling glued on, so I'm pretty sure
you're correct.  I dug around a bit and the only performance enhancments
from ext3 apparently come from elevator writes (which Novell was doing 15
years ago, sigh).  No mention of ext3's directory structure was made that
I could find.

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
                                                        - - C.A.R. Hoare