more hung-up email

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue May 21 16:23:25 IST 2002

Julian,

   I have a similar problem to "need help badly", but I don't use multiple
mail queues.  I did an "ls -l" of my /var/spool/mqueue.in and found
days-old messages in there.  But when I do:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -bp -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in

mailq just shows the current stuff in there, not the old stuff.  If I
stop and restart both mailscanner and sendmail, mailscanner does not pick
up the old stuff, scan it, and move it to /var/spool/mqueue.  It just
stays.  Any ideas?

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D                         PHONE: 207-872-3659
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology    EMAIL: jaearick at colby.edu
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,               FAX: 207-872-3076
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842