Need help badly...

Rishi Gangoly rishi at THEARGONCOMPANY.COM
Tue May 21 10:02:47 IST 2002

Hi Guys,

I need your help.

I have about 1400 odd messages on Cobalt RaQ4 Linux mail server in the
/var/spool/mqueue folder (actually /home/spool/mqueue folder)

> -rw-------   1 root     root          623 May 21 01:22 dfg4KJqsW26104
> -rw-------   1 root     root        60816 May 21 01:24 dfg4KJrrW26181
> -rw-------   1 root     root          998 May 21 01:24 dfg4KJsTW26254
> -rw-------   1 root     root          894 May 21 01:26 dfg4KJuGW26351
> -rw-------   1 root     root        21429 May 21 01:26 dfg4KJuYW26377
> -rw-------   1 root     root         4688 May 21 01:27 dfg4KJvEW26420
> -rw-------   1 root     root         3346 May 21 01:28 dfg4KJwMW26484
> -rw-------   1 root     root         5452 May 21 01:28 dfg4KJwbW26509
.
.
.
.
.
> -rw-------   1 root     root         2223 May 21 13:37 qfg4L87BW05113
> -rw-------   1 root     root          840 May 21 13:37 qfg4L87TW05151
> -rw-------   1 root     root          859 May 21 13:38 qfg4L88cW05223

All my mail from 1:22 to 13:38 is clogged up in the mail queue folder.

I have stopped mailscanner and started sendmail. My mail is now working, but
I wanted to know how to

1. get mailscanner to work... find out why it is not working.(how does one
debug?)
2. get all these undelivered messages .... delivered.

I downloaded the latest version of mailscanner : 3.15 Release 3 and modified
the mailscanner.conf file to use f-prot 3.12

F-PROT 3.12
SIGN.DEF created 20. May 2002
SIGN2.DEF created 16. May 2002
MACRO.DEF created 20. May 2002