SpamAssassin Config & Prefs file

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Thu May 16 09:36:27 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> At 17:58 15/05/2002, you wrote:
> >There's a way to setup into mailscanner config file (mailscanner.conf) the
> >config&prefs file for spamassassin ?
> >This could be a better method to point spamassassin to the correct
> >configuration files (if required) than try to figure out which files it's
> >using currently spamassassin...
>
> It will use root's settings unless you have MailScanner running as another
> user. So look in ~root/.spamassassin.
yes, I know, but using a "root" config, is not so clear in a system-wide software, so could be a better idea to limit the
mailscanner-spamassassin job to a local (referred to the etc of mailscanner) configuration file. (?? spamassassinf.conf ??)
...Maybe in the release 99.33.XX ....

If I do that, i'll send to you the patch...

--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino

 Technical Staff
 Department of Computer Science