Mailscanner with Mcafee

Thom Paine thom at DARKSABER.COM
Wed May 15 14:02:18 IST 2002

I'm not sure my update script is working correctly for mailscanner. It
seems the default place for the dat files is in /usr/local/mcafee
(according to mcafee) and the update script and mcafee wrapper file want
the dat files to be in /usr/local/mcafee/dat.

I'd rather have the dat files in /usr/local/mcafee. I tried editing the
update script to save the files there, but mcafee then complains that
the dat files are missing.

Has anyone had success with this?

--
-=/>Thom
Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla) running Linux Kernel 2.4.18-4

believed to be clean.