mailscanner can't find sophos.

iQUEST Admin support at IQUEST.UCSB.EDU
Tue May 14 17:54:23 IST 2002

Hi,

I installed mailscanner 3.14 w/ out sophos.  But I have virus checking on
and sophos as the virus scanner.

every few minutes this comes up at the command line...

 /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sophoswrapper: /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep: No such
file or directory
/usr/local/Sophos/bin/sophoswrapper: exec: /usr/local/Sophos/bin/sweep:
cannot execute: No such fil

Now it's obvious what is going on here, but what I don't know is do you
need virus checking on in order to check incoming/outgoing attatchments???

I really just want to restrict attatchments which insn't really 'virus
scanning', unless it's the same under mailscanner.

thanx