major problems with MailScanner install

Bill Beauchemin beau at BILLBEAU.NET
Tue May 14 15:18:13 IST 2002

Im trying to install MailScanner on a Linux Mandrake 6.2 machine. I cannot
use the current rpm file as it fails alot od dependancies. I am trying to
use the tar file.

When I do a check_mailscanner I get this output.

Starting virus scanner...
Can't locate stdarg.ph in @INC (did you run h2ph?) (@INC contains:
/opt/mailscanner/bin /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/sys/syslog.ph line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/mailscanner/bin/logger.pl line
36.

If I use the check_mailscanner.linux I get this output everytime.

Starting virus scanner...
Virus scanning report  -  14. May 2002   7:18

F-PROT 3.12
SIGN.DEF created 18. March 2002
SIGN2.DEF created 18. March 2002
MACRO.DEF created 15. March 2002

Search: /opt/mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf
Action: Report only
Files: Attempt to identify files
Switches: <none>

Results of virus scanning:

Files: 1
MBRs: 0
Boot sectors: 0
Objects scanned: 1

Time: 0:00

No viruses or suspicious files/boot sectors were found.

If I run this command again it should show a pid of the running virus
scanner but does not which leads nme to believe the scanner is not
running. Im using f-prot. I made sure I changed the virus scanner in the
mailscanner.conf file to f-prot.

If I perform a ps -aux | grep sendmail I get

accepting
q15m

So i think I configured sendmail correctly. It does put incomming messages
in the mqueue.in directory but doesnt seem to scan them and move them into
the mqueue directory.

HELP