scanning of messages received using fetchmail - followup

Freerk Kalsbeek freerk at MINDSWITCH.NET
Mon May 13 20:08:14 IST 2002

The solution is quit simple. Set the hostname of your machine to an existing
hostname and all is fine.

--> hostname host.ispdomain.com

Sendmail will then use this hostname when sending email, so mail will be
sent by postmaster at host.ispdomain.com which will be accepted by other
mailhosts because it is a known domain.

Hope this helps.

Freerk

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: MailScanner mailing list [mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK]Namens
Rajesh Fowkar
Verzonden: woensdag 15 mei 2002 2:03
Aan: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Onderwerp: Re: scanning of messages received using fetchmail - followup

On 12/05/02 at 21:52 - Nick Phillips said in public:
>On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 03:13:23PM +0000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I will do that.
>>
>> So does that mean, If I want to scan incoming mails than I cannot use
>> procmail for filtering the mail ?
>
>How do you think people use procmail when they aren't using fetchmail?

Thanks Nick.

Did all that. Now fetchmail hands over the mail to port 25 smtp than it is
handed over to procmail after scanning. Everything works fine. Thanks a
lot.

However one problem. Whenever a virus is detected a mail is sent to the
sender of the mail telling him that his machine is infected. But the mail
is going as