Mailscanner not scanning attatchments

iQUEST Admin support at IQUEST.UCSB.EDU
Mon May 13 17:16:33 IST 2002

Hi,

  I just installed mailscanner from rpm on a RH7.2/sendmail 8.12 machine.

I edited the filename.rules.conf to not allow .exe files...

# my rule for not allowing .exe files
deny     \.exe$     Deny .exe files        Executables are not allowed thru
this server

I restarted both sendmail and mailscanner but it still lets them thru.
Virus scanning is on but I don't have sophos installed. (hmm that might be
the problem????)

if I do need some virus scanner to do this. I'd like to just use some
freebie one.

Is there anything else that I need to do????

Also this is the only thing i want mailscanner to do at this moment. Do I
need virus scanning to be turned on to do this.

thanx