cronjob-results aren't emailed anymore

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sun May 12 23:32:39 IST 2002

> the strange thing about this is the following:
> yesterday i had a cronjob running every minut (whole day long for
> testing) and i've got (only??) 2 emails about a message that couldn't be
> delivered. The rest just disapeared...

OK, I've finally put 2 & 2 together and worked out what's happening here.

Basically, the retry timeouts for the "incoming" exim are never getting
reset. Try running "exim_tidydb -t 0m /var/spool/exim.in retry" once a
day from a cronjob.

It's ugly, and I'll try to find a Better Way, but it should work for now.

It appears that since I generally set up my system not to send me very much
from cron anyway, that I wasn't (noticeably) suffering from this.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You can rent this space for only $5 a week.