MAILSCANNER on firewall

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 6 10:30:21 IST 2002

At 12:00 02/05/2002, you wrote:
>I have a multie homed host firewall with GOOD, BAD and a DMZ
>The emailserver is in the DMZ
>I would like to run the mailscanner on the firewall
>and forward to the mailserver but mails should not look
>like "forwarded"

As the mail will be passing through an MTA on your firewall host, then it
is bound to get an extra "Received-By" header added to it. You can't avoid
that.

If I were you I wouldn't run something as complicated as MailScanner and an
MTA on your firewall, they would be better hosted on your mail server.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ