MailScanner and syslog

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed Mar 27 09:20:23 GMT 2002

Julian

That does not appear to fix things and I do not see why it should! The
-r option allows syslogd to receive messages from a network socket. I
thought the MailScanner messages are being received via a Unix socket?
That is, if I am logging sendmail messages without the "-r" option then
I should be logging MailScanner messages as well?

I added the "-r" option to /etc/sysconfig/syslog and stopped/started
syslogd so that it would reread its config file. I still do not see
MailScanner messages in the file to which mail.* messages are being
logged.

A perplexed

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."