MailScanner and syslog (fixed!)

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Mar 28 10:41:20 GMT 2002

That is not explicit, either in the ipchains man page or in the ipchains
file itself. I would be interested to see the reference.

If it is the case, however, then that would explain why internal writes
to 514/udp are getting through ipchains.

I hope this discussion has not got too far off topic.  :-)

Thanks to Nick, Mike and Michael for thir responses to my original
enquiry.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.