Sendmail things..

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Wed Mar 27 15:00:03 GMT 2002

Kelly Hamlin wrote:

> I know this isnt really mailscanner related, but i know someone on here has
> had the same problem at one point or another...
> --Incoming Mail Queue: 10
> --Outgoing Mail Queue: 237
> those same 200+ messages have been in my outgoing queue for a while now.
> Most are like 12 hours old, if i delete dfg* which is stuff from yesterday,

"dfg" is the stuff from 2002.  Not just yesterday.  You would be
deleting all of the message bodies from the queue from this entire
year.  You also need to delete the associated qf files to completely
remove the message.

> then the queue empties just fine and goes back down to 0. However i dont
> just like deleting mail, and would like to find a cause for this
> thanks

The "mailq" command will tell you why they are stuck in the queue.

Dustin Baer
Unix Administrator/Postmaster
Information Handling Services
15 Inverness Way East