MailScanner and syslog

Osvaldo T. Suarez otsuarez at CASA.CULT.CU
Tue Mar 26 14:10:55 GMT 2002

Hi:
Did you try adding the "-r" option in /etc/sysconfig/syslog?
it would look like this (on a redhat 7.1 server)
SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-m 0 -r"
regards
toja

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Campbell" <Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 3:40 AM
Subject: MailScanner and syslog

Have recently installed MailScanner 3.12-5 on a new system and notice
that I no longer see "mailscanner" messages (eg. Scanning 2 messages,
...) in the sendmail logs. This installation is a Linux (RedHat 7.2)
system.

The current systems are Solaris 7 running with MailScanner 3.10-3 and
"mailscanner" messages do appear in the sendmail logs.

Is this a change in MailScanner since 3.10-3? I cannot see why the
syslog.conf file on Linux may be losing the "mailscanner" messages as
sendmail records are being logged as I require.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.