Failed to lock ...: Invalid argument

Keith Burris kmburris at TOWNSEND.COM
Fri Mar 22 17:51:25 GMT 2002

Yes, I am sure that the ls output is from /var/spool/exim_incoming/input.
I have left the Lock Type setting as in the original mailscanner.conf,
i.e., it is commented out and is set, presumably, by setting MTA = exim.

Exim is version 3.35. Build from the tarball at ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk. LDAP
and TLS support compiled in. No changes to the defaults for directory
permissions or locking. As I mentioned earlier, if I fstat the /var file
system, no locks are shown for the files.