[nwp: Re: Any clue on this one?]

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Mar 20 21:49:13 GMT 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 02:32:07PM -0500, Kelly Hamlin wrote:

> 32591 root       0   0  9820 9820  1728 S     0.0 15.6   0:00 mailscanner
> 32595 root       3   0     0    0     0 Z     0.0  0.0   0:00 mailscanner
> <defunct>

> i notice that sh occaisionally goes defunct also.
> i also notice when i turn spamassassin OFF it works. What i dont understand
> is why. I havent changed anything in the last couple weeks, so any help
> would be great.

There's probably no problem with the above; it looks like it's just a child
process that's finished but not been reaped yet.

If it only happens with spamassassin on, it's probably the DNS thing again.

I haven't got into using it with spamassassin really yet, so I can't really
be much help on that.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?