McAfee autoupdate - Do I need to stop mailscanner first?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 19:29:18 GMT 2002

At 18:35 07/03/2002, you wrote:
>Is it okay to run the autoupdate script for McAfee (included with the
>MailScanner 3.11.1 tarball) while Mailscanner is running?  Or should
>Mailscanner be stopped first?

Download the latest version as there is a lockfile fix specifically to
address a slight problem with this.

But the answer is "it is quite safe to run autoupdate while MailScanner is
running", as there is a lockfile shared between the 2 processes to ensure
that only one is accessing the DAT files at a time.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ